Restorative Dentistry Charlotte
Charlotte Restorative Dentistry: Restoring Dental Health
Our Charlotte Restorative Dentistry provides prevention and treatment of oral diseases to help restore teeth back to an optimal level of health. This include repairing or replacing defective or damaged teeth for a healthier, better functioning, more attractive smile. Your teeth can become damaged or missing due to deterioration, decay, or injury. Certain restorative dental treatments, such as fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges, dental implants, and full or partial dentures, can be used to restore your smile. Our Charlotte, NC dental office is proud to offer our patients a full scope of restorative dentistry Charlotte services.
What Is The Goal Of Restorative Dentistry?
The primary goal of restorative dentistry is to preserve as much natural teeth as possible, and to maintain a maximum level of function. In some situations, replacing missing teeth with artificial teeth, such in the cases of bridges, implants and dentures, can help promote better oral health as well. Various procedures are used in restorative dentistry to achieve these goals, including:
- Fillings: Dental fillings are the most common type of dental restoration. The process involves, removing the decayed part of the tooth and filling it with a material, such as composite resin, silver amalgam, or gold.
- Crowns: A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap placed over your natural tooth to help restore its size, shape, or appearance.
- Bridges: Dental bridges are used to fill in one or more missing teeth. Bridges typically contain one or more artificial teeth anchored down by crowns placed over natural teeth on either side.
- Implants: Implants act as replacements for natural tooth roots, and consist of small metal posts placed directly into the bone sockets where teeth are missing. Crowns then cover the posts for a natural look and function.
- Dentures: Dentures are a type of removable dental appliance that are used in patients with few or no teeth. When all teeth are missing, full dentures are used and when only some teeth are missing, partial dentures are used.
When deciding on the right procedure for you, there are many factors that you should consider, such as your overall health and budget. Our restorative dentistry office in Charlotte NC can advise you as to the best option for preserving your natural teeth. For more information about our services or to schedule a visit, contact our Charlotte dental office today.
Crowns, while made in a similar fashion to the dental veneers are intended for teeth that are in need of a more restorative procedure due to teeth being decayed or cracked. Crowns require more removal of tooth structure. The end result is very cosmetically pleasing and usually much strong that the dental veneer.
Tooth loss can occur for a multitude of reasons, including tooth decay, gingivitis, and injury. For patients with one or more missing teeth, dental implants can restore their smile and help them regain a sense of confidence. Dental implants are a highly effective method of restoring missing teeth, while offering a modern design that blends in well with your remaining natural teeth. This long-term option looks and functions just like real teeth, made with various types of metallic and ceramic materials compatible with body tissue.
Dentures can make it easier to eat and speak, and can greatly improve the overall look of your smile. Our experienced dental office in Charlotte, NC offers denture services to qualifying patients.
Tooth fillings are a type of dental restoration used on patients with irreversible decay or cavities. Our Charlotte, NC dental office offers comprehensive, professional tooth filling services