Restorative Dentistry Charlotte
Charlotte Restorative Dentistry: Restoring Dental HealthOur Charlotte Restorative Dentistry provides prevention and treatment of oral diseases to help restore teeth back to an optimal level of health. This include repairing or replacing defective or damaged teeth for a healthier, better functioning, more attractive smile. Your teeth can become damaged or missing due to deterioration, decay, or injury. Certain restorative dental treatments, such as fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges, dental implants, and full or partial dentures, can be used to restore your smile. Our Charlotte, NC dental office is proud to offer our patients a full scope of restorative dentistry Charlotte services.
What Is The Goal Of Restorative Dentistry?The primary goal of restorative dentistry is to preserve as much natural teeth as possible, and to maintain a maximum level of function. In some situations, replacing missing teeth with artificial teeth, such in the cases of bridges, implants and dentures, can help promote better oral health as well. Various procedures are used in restorative dentistry to achieve these goals, including:
- Fillings: Dental fillings are the most common type of dental restoration. The process involves, removing the decayed part of the tooth and filling it with a material, such as composite resin, silver amalgam, or gold.
- Crowns: A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap placed over your natural tooth to help restore its size, shape, or appearance.
- Bridges: Dental bridges are used to fill in one or more missing teeth. Bridges typically contain one or more artificial teeth anchored down by crowns placed over natural teeth on either side.
- Implants: Implants act as replacements for natural tooth roots, and consist of small metal posts placed directly into the bone sockets where teeth are missing. Crowns then cover the posts for a natural look and function.
- Dentures: Dentures are a type of removable dental appliance that are used in patients with few or no teeth. When all teeth are missing, full dentures are used and when only some teeth are missing, partial dentures are used.
Dental CrownsCrowns, while made in a similar fashion to the dental veneers are intended for teeth that are in need of a more restorative procedure due to teeth being decayed or cracked. Crowns require more removal of tooth structure. The end result is very cosmetically pleasing and usually much strong that the dental veneer.
Our Location & Office Hours
Carolina Dentistry @ The StateLine 17214 Lancaster Hwy #306 Charlotte, NC 28277 (704) 752-7602
- Monday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Friday: 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed