Our Charlotte pediatric dentistry has over 25 years of experience in the maintenance and treatment of oral health conditions in children, from infants to teens. This includes the primary (baby) teeth, as well as the permanent set of teeth that begins to develop in early childhood. Maintaining good oral health at an early age is essential for a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums. At our dental office, we offer pediatric dentistry to patients of all ages.
Children are prone to a number of tooth conditions, such as cavities. Pediatric dentists provide many basic preventative services, such as teeth cleaning, to minimize the amount of plaque accumulation on the teeth. Sealants and fluoride treatments are also commonly performed on children to prevent tooth decay and strengthen teeth. Our childrens dentist in Charlotte, NC can also help diagnose future problems, such as the need for braces. Call (704) 752-7602 to schedule an appointment.
WHAT TYPES OF TREATMENTS ARE OFFERED?
Pediatric dentists offer a wide range of comprehensive dental services, including the following:
- Preventative dental care, including diet recommendations, teeth cleaning, and fluoride treatments
- Early assessment for orthodontic treatments, such as braces for crooked teeth or improper bite
- Habit counseling for behaviors such as thumb sucking or pacifier use
- Treatment for certain tooth defects, such as cavities
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with disease, such as sleep apnea.
- Care for certain dental injuries, such as fractured or knocked-out teeth
Pediatric dentistry may also include some restorative dental treatments. This may include fillings, prosthesis, and crowns. Pediatric dentists are also committed to assisting young patients and their parents with proper oral health management to prevent common oral health problems, such as tooth decay. Like adults, children should schedule a visit with our dentist at least every six months for optimal health.
Sedation dentistry may be needed by some patients, especially those with dental phobias. There are options available to patients in need of sedation, such as nitrous oxide. For more information about our pediatric dentistry or to schedule your child for a visit, contact our Charlotte Dentist today.