Let’s be honest everyone want’s a beautiful healthy smile. While you may have been told you have nice teeth, to maintain a healthy smile routine dental practices and care must be a priority. Carolina Dentistry at the StateLine has some recommendations for a healthy smile that lasts a lifetime.
- Brush properly – Brushing should be done for 2 minutes and done twice a day. Brushing helps remove plaque and debris from the tooth surface. If these are not removed the process of dental decay will begin. Although brushing should be thoroughly care should be taken to not cause damage to the gums.
- What about your tongue? – Your tongue is another spot that the brush should make contact with. Make sure to brush the top of your tongue. Brushing this area helps to reduce the possibility of bad breath!
- Flossing is not an option – Daily flossing should hold as much importance as brushing. Flossing removes plaque and debris trapped between your teeth. You can help prevent cavities from forming in between the teeth by flossing daily.
- Consume more water! – Drinking more water is best for your overall health and your dental health. Water helps keep the mouth hydrated. Dry mouth is a leading cause for cavities. Water helps flush away food and debris left behind. Water is also great to use as a rinse if you can’t sneak in a quick tooth brushing.
- Visit your dentist – Visit your dentist and we mean more than just when something hurts! Many times major dental work could have been handled with minor dental treatment had the issue have been found and taken care of months before.
Here at Carolina Dentistry at the StateLine we want the best for all of our patients. We believe strongly in routine dental practices to stop dental issues before they arise, if possible. Remember a healthy smile is a maintained smile!