Dental Implants Charlotte
PROFESSIONAL DENTAL IMPLANTS IN CHARLOTTE NC
Tooth loss can occur for a multitude of reasons, including tooth decay, gingivitis, and injury. For patients with one or more missing teeth, dental implants can restore their smile and help them regain a sense of confidence. Dental implants are a highly effective method of restoring missing teeth, while offering a modern design that blends in well with your remaining natural teeth. This long-term option looks and functions just like real teeth, made with various types of metallic and ceramic materials compatible with body tissue. Our Charlotte, NC dental office offers dental implants for eligible patients.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Professional dental implants can provide patients with the following benefits:
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look just like your natural teeth and can be custom colored to match the shade of your smile.
- Increased comfort: Removable dentures can cause discomfort. Dental implants eliminate this pain by offering a permanent solution to tooth loss.
- Better Speech: Unlike ill-fitting dentures which can slip in the mouth, causing your words to slur, implants do not move.
- Easier Eating: Dental implants function just like your natural teeth, allowing you easily chew foods.
- Improved Oral Health: Implants are better for long-term oral health, as they do not require extra equipment in the mouth, such as bridges.
- Increased Durability: Dental implants are extremely durable can last many years, or even a lifetime if well cared for.
WHAT IS THE IMPLANT PROCEDURE LIKE?
The dental implant procedure is a type of oral surgery that requires the experience of a professional restorative dentist. During the procedure, a titanium cylinder shaped like the root of a tooth is placed into the bone socket where the missing tooth is located. The implanted metal post becomes securely anchored into the jaw as the jawbone heals over time. This healing process can take anywhere from twelve to twenty weeks.
Once the implant has properly bonded to the jawbone, a connector post referred to as an abutment is attached to the implant. The abutment is what will hold the new artificial tooth in place. The replacement tooth, called a crown, is then placed on the abutment. Dental crowns are custom-made based on the shape, size, fit, and color of your natural teeth for an optimal fit. For more information about dental implants in Charlotte or to schedule a consultation, contact our office today (704) 752-7602.